1) Low Profile, Independent, Corporate, Social, Political & Geopolitical Analyst & Crisis Management Strategist for more than 35 years.
2) Press Columnist to The Sun (2008 – 2015) & New Straits Times (2016 – 2020) and Contributor to many other print and online media. He is a think-tank specialist on Race Relations, CSR issues such as Environment & Heritage and Geopolitical issues such as the just struggle of the Palestinian people and Superpowers’ Rivalries, especially on NATO vs Russia and USA vs China. You can view his recent press articles by Googling:
- kktan.sundaily - kktan.nst - kktan.sinchew - kktan.astroawani - kktan.malaymail
- kktan@sinarharian (Malay press) - kktan.malaysiakini - kktan.freemalaysiatoday
3) Late 70s, he was an active national overseas students’ leader in Britain, looking after the welfare & fighting for rights of fellow overseas students, who came from all over the world (where he learnt about real social issues & politics of the countries that these overseas students came from).
4) 1981/82. Made history in Britain to become 1st overseas student to be elected by British students over other British candidates as a sabbatical (one-year) President of (British) Students’ Union at a leading red brick university (Sheffield). The Students’ Union there is also a large business organisation providing various services (such as F & B, bookshop, travel bureau, sports & shower facilities, entertainment etc.) to its student members and he was CEO as well. His one-year performance was highly rated (via testimonials) by VC, Lord Mayor and Registrar/Secretary (Click here to view).
5) 1988-90. Probably for the 1st time that a Malaysian (he was 34 years old then) was made CEO of a European MNC in Malaysia. Hunter Douglas had its factory & head office in Shah Alam. He revamped and turned around the loss-making window covering & architectural products’ business.
6) 1991 to 1993, he was probably the first non-Bumiputra to be appointed as CEO of a large and newly set up GLC, Malaysian Timber Council (MTC) (Click here to view) under the Ministry of Primary Industries, to manage a RM 350 million timber levy fund to fight the unjust Anti Tropical Timber Campaign in an awakened & environmentally conscious Europe, where most of our sawn timber were then exported to. He managed to neutralize the boycott by the time of the Rio Earth Summit in June 1992, where he was an advisor to the government.
7) 2002-2008. Strategic Consultant (Global) for Microsoft & Bill Gates to help address the biggest threat that Microsoft had ever faced at that time on its Windows operating system – Open Source Software, especially Linux. With the publication of a book he authored (below), he managed to minimise the negative impact of Linux to Windows’ dominant position in the world.
8) 2003, he authored a best-selling international handbook published by his own management consultancy firm entitled “The Great Software Debate – Open Free Or Proprietary?” ( Click here to view ) Book may still be available over Amazon.com
9) From 2013 to 2016, his think tank firm (Jukenworld) was the dealer representative in Malaysia of the world’s largest business intelligence & risk analysis think-tank, the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), headquartered in London and New York.
10) 2010. His firm legally secured from Kuala Lumpur High Court, a large collection of about 2,000 pieces of Asian, colonial, geological and old currency artefacts. In 2012, he incorporated Asian Heritage Museum Sdn Bhd to develop a world-class, innovative & high-tech Asian heritage & peace museum project which subsequently evolved into the International Peace Environment & Cultural Heritage (Ipech) Museum project. Please see “MILESTONES OF IPECH MUSEUM PROJECT”.
Our FC is the real author of this best - selling international handbook published in 2003, entitled “The Great Software Debate – Open, Free or Propriety” which was well reviewed: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Software-Debate-Open-Proprietary/dp/9832723000
Copyright © 2023 IPECH Museum - All Rights Reserved.